Friday, September 7, 2007


I ran in a race this summer called the Wasatch Back Relay Race. It is 176 miles. It starts in Logan and ends in Park City. You run on a team of 12, each person runs three legs of the race. You run all day and all night until you are done. I personally ran over 16 miles total. It was in July and over 100 degrees. It was one of the hardest things I can say I have ever done but it was an amazing expierience. I learned so much about myself and how hard I could really push myself. I also gained a great appreciation for the beautiful Wasatch mountains. My favorite Hymn is For the Beauty of the Earth. My last 4 miles was a killer as I ran down hill from high above Deer Valley ski resort into downtown Park City. I honestly didn't think I would finish but as I looked around and noticed my amazing surroundings and said a little prayer for my continued health and strength, this song came into my mind and I ran without even noticing the fatigue, soreness or pain I was previously having. I felt like I was running fresh and not on the very end of a 2 day, living on gatorade and powerbars, no sleep, heat stroke filled nightmare. I will definatley never forget it an always be grateful for my health and the amazing human body and what it can endure.

2 comments:

Traciannee said...

I am very impressed and inspired. I hope to do a marathone someday but will also look into that race.

amy said...

Katie, I was wondering if you were going to start a blog! Sorry to hear about Nate, congrats on your run(don't know how you did it)and Rylee wants to know when she can come play with Addie...She says that she is sad that you moved. Let's get together! And dinner 2nd Tuesday of October?