Thursday, March 6, 2008

I'm doing a little decorating!





I know we just moved in a bit ago but I can't help myself. I go crazy with ideas and need a place to let some energy out (when I'm not at the gym) So I have been having fun doing a bit of decorating and remodeling of our new place. I painted the living room and dining room with a really cool faux finish. It was sooooo easy and I love how it turned out. Then I moved on to the kitchen. I had a travertine backsplash put in to tie in the granite and cabinets. I also did white beadboard and painted the whole kitchen a dark putty color. I love how it turned out. Because the kitchen was white (which I didn't think I would like but now love) I wanted to warm it up with a bit of color. This project was fun. I can't wait for it to get warm enough to start working on the outside of the house and the yard. I know what your thinking, I'm crazy and need to just take a break from the projects but I can't. Luckily I have an awsome husband who lets me do and try whatever I want ("as long as it doesn't cost too much, go to town Julie Brown").

7 comments:

the artist's daughter said...

k, you've got to come to my house and get me straightened out. you've got such a great eye.

Cameron Family said...

Yeah, you need to come to my house and help me out! I wish I had that talent!

amy said...

You have always had such an eye at decorating! You have done a great job once again. Glad you are blogging again :)

Reeses Pieces said...

Yay, I'm glad to see you're back in the blogging world. It looks like things are going well with you guys. Can you believe how old are kids are getting? Are you ready for number 4 yet? Kidding, Let's see how fast I can get rumors started about you on your blog. When you have #4 then maybe I'll think about it. It seems like I'm always pregnant at the tail end of your pregnancies.

Jeff & Melissa said...

Looks awesome... we need a party at your place to come check it out!

Alyson and Greg Markham said...

Your house looks really good! I painted way too much in the past and now I can't convince myself to pick up a paint brush or let alone look at one! So creative Katie!!!

Sheree said...

I love your decorating style too, your house always looks great! It is fun to catch up with what you've been up to again!