Saturday, July 5, 2008

Happy Birthday America!!!





We started out the day with the annual neighborhood parade. It was so fun to help the kids decorate their bikes and get ready for the parade. We only go around our block and end at the park for a BBQ, so it's not too long but the kids love it. We have the best neighbors. We probably had 150+ people in our own little parade. I love the 4th of July. It's almost as good as Christmas!



After the parade we took the Fam boating at Utah Lake. It was refreshing on this 100+
degrees day. My dad and Noah boarded and we swam. It was fun to get out in the sun and laugh a bit!!





Stadium of Fire! So we had the best night. The concert was awsome, the fireworks rocked as usual, the kids all screamed for Miley, I cried during the National Anthem and during every tribute to our soldiers, and we had a great spot for parking that got us home in record time. If you missed the show this year I feel for you because in all the years we have been coming this was one of the BEST ones!! I LOVE being an AMERICAN! I love our FREEDOM! I love all that the USA stands for. I hope we never take it for granted and be grateful for those who have and are still sacrificing for us!! GO RED, WHITE, and BLUE!!!

4 comments:

Reeses Pieces said...

Way to make me homesick Katie:) What a fun day. You're probably so tired today. When I heard Miley was performing I thought "Wow, Stadium of Fire must be stepping it up in best venues to perform at on the 4th" I'm impressed, they always get such big names. Our day was kinda blah. One of those days I missed living by family. I can't wait to see you all in a couple of weeks. I think it should be a lot of fun at Bear Lake. I did take my girls to see the "Kit" movie yesterday and they were so bored. I guess I had such high expectations, but I guess they're still too young. I really liked it though. Glad you had a good 4th.
Love, Nicole

The Crazy Clawson's said...

what great pic....sad we didn't go boating, maybe some day soon.....

natalie said...

I was also so jealous of your 4th. We were lucky to have Matt's family here but we don't have anything like the Stadium of Fire. I hope I can come to the family reunion to see all of you. We'll see???

Schmid Family said...

Katie
your family is so cute. You have darling kids. And you are still as beautiful as ever. I am so glad that the internet provides us a way to keep in touch. Congrats on baby #4.
Love ya
Amy (Goodwin) Schmid