Thursday, July 3, 2008

American Girl Party!!!





Yesterday was the opening of the American Girl Movie: Kit Kittredge. American Girl Dolls are HUGE where we live and as of last Christmas, Addison is addicted. My friends had a party before the movie. We had great food and the girls all played dolls and some games like American Girl Bingo. When it was time to go to the show My friend Addie had candy for all the girls to take and of course a tiny box of candy for your doll. I really didn't know much of what the movie was about and I was pleasantly surprised. I really liked it. It is about a family trying to survive during the 1930's and the hard times of the depression. Kit's family takes in borders to help pay their mortgage. She is an aspiring journalist and writes about all the things happening in her world at this time. I would say take the whole family. It's not just for girls. It's a really great show and very thought provoking for young kids. Addison had questions the entire show about Hobo's and people loosing their houses. The funniest part of the whole night was when we first walked into the theater, the rows were just filled with girls holding their dolls and getting so excited to see who had what doll. A strange new world for me but very, very fun!!!

1 comments:

Sheree said...

That looks like so much fun! How did I miss that this movie was being released in the theater? I am actually a little bit obsessed with AG dolls too--I just love all their cute little outfits! My girls have pretty elaborate "homes" for them.