Friday, June 13, 2008

A Sign a Hope for America


I took this picture at Noah's baseball game last week not even thinking anything other than it was perfect timing to have the rainbow happen just over the American flag, but today as i scrolled through my pictures to find something to blog about I came across this photo again and had such a touching feeling come over me. There has been so much tradgedy in our country and our world for that matter, in the past few weeks. I feel so sorry for all those that are suffering in the mid west because of tornadoes and flooding and all the ruined crops. People are loosing everything they have ever owned in a split second. It just makes me realize how lucky I am to be safe (for now), to have my family safe and to know that we still live in the best country in the world. I don't think this rainbow was just a chance picture anymore. I think it was a sign for us to not loose hope in our country, and even though we are going through rough times now, things will change, we will recover, lives will be put back together and America will always be the greatest country to live in!!!

3 comments:

The Crazy Clawson's said...

I couldn't have said it better myself...Thanks for the great post..

Reeses Pieces said...

Well said. What a thoughtful post. Times are scary right now and I tend to get stressed and anxious, but like you said I keep going back to the fact that this is America and we are the greatest nation on this earth.

Alyson and Greg Markham said...

I agree. What a thoughtful post!