Monday, April 27, 2009

They came, we saw, we cheered, we got on T.V.







So AMA Supercross finally came back to Utah after 5 years and of coarse my little family was soooooo excited. I really don't get all that into to competition and care who wins week after week until this series.(To me this is like one step up from being a NASCAR fan, I know WT right?) James Stewart and Chad Reed have been running a tight race and I won't lie, when we watch it on TV every week I have been really into it and excited for it to come to Salt Lake. We went to the event on Saturday. Nate and Noah went allllll day!!! They got pictures of everyone and got a few things signed. I came up later that night with the rest of the kids to watch the main event. It was so exciting. We had awesome seats (only bc Nate went opening day back in Oct. to get tickets and actually found out the track layout and went and sat in the seats to get a "feel" for the best view). They were jumping right in front of us. I felt like I could just lean forward and give the riders a High Five. It was well worth the money and the best part was that James Stewart won!!! He was behind for like the last 5 races and then pulled out ahead last week. At the end he stopped right in front of us and threw his goggles into the crowd ie: Nates Lap, but some giant fat dude next to him snatched them from Nates fingers. Crazy Fans!! All in all I hope they keep coming back to Utah. I was suprised how many people are into the sport here-Rice Eccles Stadium was full. The next day we had to watch it again on TV and good thing bc we were all on CBS-like 3 times. OK so you had to look close and play it in slow motion on the DVR but we were there for the whole world to see:)

4 comments:

the artist's daughter said...

gary and aust went too and loved it. Maybe we'll have to try it out next time.

Reeses Pieces said...

I don't know much about the sport but he looks like a hotty to me, so it must have been worth it :)

Cori said...

NASCAR rules!

Unknown said...

Only the best day ever! It was like christmas week for me! i snuck up there during the week and walked the track. even saw some of the riders getting their rigs ready! Love the Sport!