Wednesday, April 29, 2009

April Sewing

So this month has been fun. I made another skirt for Addison which she just loves and wants to wear everyday to school. I'm not that good and I don't want her to look "home made" but she doesn't seem to mind. I think if I could afford to get a serger I wouldn't be as concerned about the way it looks and I might not be as afraid to wash it. I have a fear of things coming undone in the wash:)


We also made these darling schlep bags (I think that's how it is spelled). The instructions we kinda hard to follow at first but once you make one it is a piece of cake to make more. The bag ends up being huge and can hold a ton of stuff. I can't wait to go to the pool this summer. I might try to modify it into a cool diaper bag with more pockets inside. I liked it so much, don't be suprised if you get one from me as a gift in the future:)

The bag looks small in the pictures but it expands to almost double this.


This is the inside of the bag with a big pocket.

7 comments:

The Buhrley Bunch said...

Katie, you are so stinkin' talented!! I'm going to have to come see all your fun creations and get motivated (which translates into you having to walk me through everything). I love the great projects you've done lately!!

Kat said...

Love the skirt and LOVE the bag. I may have to put you to work making some stuff for me. You are so creative!!

Julie said...

Cute! Make sure to call me when you go to the pool this summer! I'm always in for a good pool day!

Naomi said...

Love the colors of the skirt. I don't know what you are talking about. The skirt doesn't look homemade at all. Both are waaaaayyyyy too cute. Really, you should send some talent over this way! :)

natalie said...

Katie-those look great! What pattern are you using for the skirt? Let me know where you got it. I would love to sew Abigail some. By the way I am sending you flip-flops. I love the idea and I hope it works because I could always use more shoes!

brittanimae said...

Those are amazing Katie! That bag looks awesome. I so wish I could sew at all!

Reeses Pieces said...

I love the skirt. It matches your blog background LOL! I bet Addison loves it even more knowing that you made it. Great job! You can send me one of those bags anyday! :)