Monday, May 4, 2009

Infomercials Blah Blah Blah...






So my baby has had yet another ear infection and I seem to be up at weird hours watching t.v. I must have seen over 20 in the past few days and all I can think is "What the heck can I start selling on T.V.?" I swear you could sell crap on an infomercial (yes I mean crap literally, like poop) and I think because the way they market people will buy it. I was sucked in by all the infomercials this past weekend and if I wasn't too lazy and tired to go get my purse I probably would have bought them ALL! I really believe (while I'm watching them) that people loose 150 lbs. by rocking on an AB machine and that my closets will be transformed by new hangers and space saving vacumn suck bags or that I will instantly look 20lbs. lighter by wearing some tight body hugging shaper. What is wrong with me. Nate does hate door to door salesman because I can never say no. I have bought cleaner, magazines, meat- all sorts of things. I am posting this because I want a record for the day I become rich off my own infomercial and say to everyone who thinks I'm crazy, "How do you like me now?" (Of coarse I might not be able to keep my riches because I will probably have spent them on other, new and exciting junk on early morning tv.)

6 comments:

Naomi said...

This post cracks me up because just last week I totally gave into the pressure of an infomercial and found myself on the phone placing an order. Do I dare even say what it was for?! Oh, what the heck. I totally gave into buying a "Bumpit". My hair does need a lift and it looked like it was going to do the trick. How come they have to be so convincing?! Glad to know I'm not the only one. :)

Julie said...

hahahahaha! My favorite by far is the ShamWow! Just the name sucks you in!

Schmid Family said...

I feel your pain. Chas was the same way with the ear infections. Seemed like every couple of week I was in the dr.'s office to get his ears checked.

Kat said...

I want to invent something too. I want to be rich and travel and spend my life lying on a beach. If you hit it big before me, you better take me on some cool trips. good luck with your finding the next big thing!

Anonymous said...

i am so eyeballing the 10 min workout! i want skirt sewing lessons! xo

Reeses Pieces said...

You're funny! I've never bought anything off the TV but I have been tempted.

I got my first pair of flip flops today. YAY!