Tuesday, September 16, 2008

Happy Birthday Mom!!


So we celebrated my mom's birthday last night at their house. I should have offered to do it here since in was her day and all but my dad cooked a great dinner and I ate way too much cake and icecream. I just have to say a few things that I have been thinking about my mom and I really never get a chance to tell her face to face. I have been blessed with the sweetest, most caring and commpassionate person on the face of the earth, for a mother. She has always supported me in everything I ever wanted to do. She has never judged me or made me feel less than important in my whole life. She has and would still to this day do anything I need her to do or ask her to do. She would do it for virtually anyone in need actually, that's why she is loved by so many people. Everything I know and do today as a Mom I learned from her. I quite frequently find myself saying "Wow, that sounded just like Mom". Especially in the worry department!!! I know we tease you about being gloom and doom but really I know it just shows how much you still care and worry about all your kids and grandkids. A mother never really has to let her kids go, she is always going on with you, and for that I am grateful. I know I couldn't be the Mom I am today without my own Mom still helping me and listening to me and just being there for me. I LOVE YOU MOM!! Happy Birthday!! Love Katie

3 comments:

Reeses Pieces said...

Your Mom is awesome. I've never met someone who can make you feel so comfortable and someone who is so interested in what you're doing.

Alyson said...

I agree with all you said Katie. Your mom rocks :)

Grandma Shauna said...

Happy "Late" Birthday to your Mom.
She is a great lady and I love to be around her -- I just wish the times spent together were more often.