Saturday, September 20, 2008

The Wicked StepMother



So my toes were screaming for some attention and I decided to go get a pedi at the local salon today. While I was gone Nate had the kids. Lets just say he's not quite as attentive to them as I am or maybe I'm just too strict with how we keep the house (especially after I spent the better part of the day today cleaning it). While I was gone Addison and 3 of her friends were painting crafts right on the front porch, right in front of the front door. When I got home there was a rainbow of spilled and splattered paint all over the concrete porch. Never mind that we have a playroom with a whole "art" area just for crafts like this but whatever. Dad didn't mind. So when I saw the mess I made her clean it up. I walked past her a few times and she noticed my newly painted toes and yells out, "I am just like Cinderella! You get to have your toes painted and go shopping while I have to do all the cleaning up!" Can you believe her? I said, "The difference is that Cinderella didn't make the messes she had to clean, her sisters did." She yelled back, "That's why I need a sister!" I replied, "Yeah, like I'm going to let a litter sister be bossed around by you!" The saddest thing about this whole conversation is that when it was over she said, in a real snotty voice, "You aren't going to blog about this are you?" People HELP me later in life with this child please!!

7 comments:

the artist's daughter said...

How super funny. The drama of girls cracks me right up. Hey, I have to say I love Nate's name pick of Gray. I recently met someone named Grey, and it has become my new favorite name. Can't wait to hear

Kat said...

That's great!!! My kids painted this morning too, they painted their hands, face, and the kitchen chairs. Gotta love kids,

Harward Happenings said...

I'm sorry, but I'm laughing so hard!! But I know it will come back to bite me in a few years (probably more like days) when Brylie comes back at me with something like this. And her blog comment is priceless.

brittanimae said...

That little girl is as clever as she is gorgeous. And every girl ought to feel like Cinderella every once in a while.

Reeses Pieces said...

How funny. I was picturing your whole conversation in my head. Good thing she's such a cutie.

The Crazy Clawson's said...

Katie, did you really think that she would grow up and not be like you at all??? jk..she is super funny though, you gotta give her that.thanks for your talking yesterday, you are the best sister ever.....

nielsen said...

This is so funny and I am so on my way there! I can do no right by my girls already, and they are only two... can you imagine when they hit the teenage years?! And there are two of them! Someone could have warned me about the whole "girl" thing, but it was so great watching you with her when we were across the street. I have to admit, that picture of her is adorable and it all sounds very cute coming from your house, the problem is that I can already picture it coming from mine. Learn all the tricks and pass them on to me! We can't wait to hear when baby #4 is here. Miss you guys!