Friday, September 5, 2008

My six year old the SOCIAL DIRECTOR


So I have to just tell you about my night last night. A few weeks ago Addison asked if she could have a movie party with some of her friends. I said yes and maybe we could order pizza and have some treats or something, no big deal. Well I never thought twice about it and really just thought Addison had forgotten also. Yesterday, she comes to me and tells me she is making invitations for her friends for her "movie party" which I don't really think is anything abnormal because she is always crafting and making things in her toy room. Well, around 6:30 last night I am in the yard, pulling weeds and looking gross when all of a sudden kids are coming over asking where to go for the "movie party". I'm a little confused when Addison pulls up on her bike and says' "We are ready for the party mom!" A, excuse me, what party? I wasn't even paying attention to her I guess because the invitations she had wrote and delivered were for that night! Parents were dropping their kids off and asking how long the show was and when to send them home. I was dying. I started scrambling to make popcorn and find a movie to show and get snacks passed out. It gets worse. The kids were not even just her little playmates. I think she invited the whole neighborhood because older kids (11 and 12 year olds) were showing up. Overall it all went ok but I could have died thinking she put together a party and actually had people show up (14 kids in all) all in one day! I totally have my hands full with her. High school is going to be the end of me! Thats not even the worst part. This morning one of my friends texted me and told me that Addison was spreading the word about another party here tonight on the way to school. What am I going to do with her???

8 comments:

Naomi said...

Oh my word, that is hilarious! I think I would have totally stressed out! Yup, looks like your hands are going to be full when the teen years hit . . . I mean, look at all the boys she invited! :)

Kat said...

I can't stop laughing, you've got a party animal on your hands!!! Leave to Addison to get kids twice her age to think it's cool to hang out with her. Good luck with your future parties.

Cameron Family said...

That is hilarious! You do have your hands full....she is a cute girl with lots of spunk!

amy said...

I love it! Probably because it's your child and not mine :) I am sure we will both be able to share some very interesting stories as our girls get older. Good to see you the other night and catch up!

brittanimae said...

Oh my goodness. That is hilarious! What grace you handled it with too!

Reeses Pieces said...

That is so funny. What a good mom you are to just go with it. Most mom's would've kicked everyone out.

natalie said...

I'm so glad our neighborhood only has like six kids. I have an Addison at my house. Even though they (Abigail and Addison)are out of control at times, I love that they are so confident. You don't find that in many girls any more. Good for you for being so laid back. I am going to go hide my invitations, paper, scissors,crayons, markers, glue, glitter, paint.....we already have a full house this month:)

Hillary Harward said...

Addison Rocks! I wish I could have been like that, at that age. She's just like her dad. I wonder what Nathan would have done in that situation?