Saturday, December 13, 2008

Breakfast with Santa





This morning we went to my parents ward to have Breakfast With SANTA!. It was fun and the food was pretty good. My kids all sat on Santa's lap. If you look close you may regonize him. (It's my brother-in-law Jason) I had to tell Noah ahead of time because I thought he would recognize him and spoil it for everyone. I don't think Addison knew and I know Parks didn't figure it out. He barely sat on his lap and wasn't so sure yet he wanted to talk to him at all. Noah is now 9 and asking the "Is Santa real?" question. I still don't know what to say. Addison asked me the other day if Santa was Jesus's brother. When I said no she asked why we celebrate Jesus's birth with Santa then? I told my friend this and she gave me the advice to go get the book "I believe in Santa Claus" Is compares Jesus and giving and His love for children with Santa. I hope I can find some answers in it. If anyone has any other advice on the matter feel free to send it my way:)

2 comments:

Reeses Pieces said...

Oh yea, I remeber reading on her blog that he does that. That's so cool and very smart of you to tell Noah before hand.

The Buhrley Bunch said...

Katie, I found your blog through Jeff and Cathy's. What fun! I love the pictures of your family. The Santa Breakfast is a great idea! I can't get over how Whit has changed so much just since his first bath. Do they really grow SO FAST!?! Ugh!