Friday, December 5, 2008

Decorating for Christmas!!



We put up our tree even before Thanksgiving because the kids were begging so I guess I should blog about it now that Christmas is getting closer. We had the Christmas music playing, the kids decorating and Nate singing. Yes this is his favorite Christmas song, Mariah Carey. I keep saying each year I am going to get new, matching ornements and make it the tree I dream of but every year we get out our decorations and the kids love reminding me of the homemade ornements they made at school and church over the years and the ones we have collected from our travels or been given and somehow I just can't bring myself to not use them. It is a bit of a Charlie Brown tree but we love it. Parks had the honor of putting on the STAR this year. He couldn't even contain his excitement and alomost peed his pants before we noticed. I just love the holidays and the Spirit of Christmas that comes with such a small task like decorating a tree!

2 comments:

Reeses Pieces said...

I love Charlie Brown trees. Mine looks the same, but at least the kids love it. Cute new blog look!

Cathy said...

You're so cute to change your blog style with the holidays! I think we all feel the same way about our trees...I usually try to do a mini tree with all of the homemade decorations, but we just haven't gotten to it yet. You guys are awesome!