Saturday, January 24, 2009

Snow Shoeing



So I have a thought....If you ever want to really truly test how good (or in my case bad) of shape you are in you need to push yourself really, really hard to your maximum breaking point. See if you can handle the worst physical pain and endure it as long as you can. If you still want to do the activity next week, it must not be that bad. This was me this morning. Now mind you, I have a two month old who still wakes up 2 to 3 times a night to eat so to say I'm not getting a full 8 hrs. of sleep a night is fair. I HAVE NOT WORKED THIS HARD, OR FELT LIKE I WAS GOING TO PASS OUT FROM PHYSICAL EXHAUSTION IN A LONG, LONG TIME. Snow shoeing is so much work and such a GREAT work out I have to say that everyone who does it is borderline crazy. I went with my dad and the cycling club up American Fork Canyon for a three hour hike this morning. It was a very steep climb. The rain was coming down the entire 3 hours making the snow heavy. Every muscle in my body was burning. My calves from climbing, my arms from digging my poles in the snow, my shins and quads from the descend, my lungs from breathing so hard and my neck from looking down for so long. I'M A MESS! (As evident from the picture) I kept hearing Jillian Michaels (from the biggest looser)yelling at me (with her flared nostrils and all), "Are you crying, Are you crying? " No "Then don't stop!" In all reality it must not have as terrible as I'm making it out to be because I'm planning to go next week again. I better have a hot, smokin bod by summer is all I have to say!!!!!

5 comments:

Kat said...

DANG GIRL, you are nuts sometimes. You are amazing, you are one of those women that can do anything you want. You are limitless!!

lacey said...

Can you exercise for me too? :)

Reeses Pieces said...

Wow what a trooper. I could only do that if Jillian was really behind me, in person, screaming at me. You always have a smokin hot body :)

Traciannee said...

I want to go with you! That sounds awesome. You will have a smoking body- keep it up!

amy said...

Props to you for going out and doing it! Love your blog that you posted about Brad.