Monday, February 2, 2009

Whitman's Blessing Day



We blessed Whit on Sunday. It was an awesome day. All except the poor little guy woke up with a cold in his eye and it was glued shut with boogers. I had to keep wiping it all day long. I don't think it was pink eye but still he looked goofy. Luckily I took some practice pictures of him a few days before. He is the silliest litle baby when I take his picture. It's like he knows he is supposed to pose or something. Anyway, the day was GREAT! Nate gave one the most beautiful blessings I can remember. I am so lucky to have him and the priesthood in our home. After church we came to our house for food and fun. When isn't fun involved when there is food? We hung out all afternoon and played and laughed and just enjoyed each others company. I LOVE that we live close to all our FAMILY! We both (Nate and I) have the best families. I love family events and get togethers like this. I love the Gospel in my life. I love where we live and EVERYTHING I have in my life right now. I love being a mother and a wife and I am in LOVE with my new baby boy! Here are some of the pictures from the day. And yes I know, he looks Amish in the hat.






5 comments:

Kat said...

super cute pics. Thanks for inviting us to the blessing and for lunch after, we had a great ti me.

The Buhrley Bunch said...

Congratulations on such a special day. The pictures of Whit are priceless! He's growing so fast. I loved listening to the neat blessing Nate gave him and I LOVED your testimony. It was so tender and genuine. You're such a great person!

lacey said...

He is DARLING! Aren't families the best- especially when everyone is happy together :)

I *hope* our next move takes us near home!

none said...

Everyone looks great, and Whit looks so cute in the pics... he looks like he knew it was his special day. Hopefully we can hang out this summer :)

Reeses Pieces said...

I like the Amish hat. Looks like a fun and busy day.