Saturday, February 14, 2009

Valentines Break-up


I have a LOVE! I don't even know how long I've been in love. I realize now I have probably loved all my life but in the past year I have loved more intensly. This love of mine is always there. Comforting me, soothing me, calming me, treating me quite right. I have been realizing now that this love of mine has changed. I used to love just as much or as little as I needed but now, whoa- I'm lovin all the time!!! I don't just need love, I want love, I crave love---I'M ADDICTED TO THIS LOVE! Well the time has come for me to say goodbye to my love. I realize that this love is no longer good for me. I don't feel in control of my own life anymore with this love around, tempting me, taunting me, calling for me in the middle of the night. It has gone to far. SO after today (I say tommorrow because it's just mean to break up on Valentines, and my love and I have plans tonight)I am offically breaking up with my Love! My affair will soon be over. I am telling you all this because I know it can be awkward later, not seeing us together, me not coming to invites because we will no longer be togther etc. And also, I am going to need a lot of support. Check on me regularly, leave me a note asking how my life is going with out my love. Most of all, don't ever try to get me back together with my love. When I'm done, I'm done!!! I'll admit it, there have been great times with my love. That's what makes this break-up so hard. So for now--------Goodbye Food!!

I know this is silly but in all seriousness the eating has to STOP!!!! I kept saying after the holidays, after the new year, after the super bowl, after valentines, well there will always be something to start after so dang it the time has come. I have entered myself into a few hard challenges this year, The Wasatch back relay, The SpudMan Triathalon and Little Red Riding Hood 100 mile bike ride. I desperatly need to start training and the extra 30 lbs. (yeah I said it, don't judge) I have on me are making it hard. I am telling you all this because I want to be accountable to someone other than myself and what better way then to update people who I know will check to see my progress. At the bottom of my blog is an update. Check it often and if there is no progress let me have it. Make me feel bad, tell me I'm letting you down because I don't feel bad enough letting myself down. My goal is to loose the 30 lbs. in 3 months so I better be close by May 15th. Thanks for listening, and if you are my mother-in-law calm down, I wasn't going to give Nathan back:)

6 comments:

Traciannee said...

Great goals! You can do it. I hope you get into the spudman, I signed up to and hope to get in as well. If your wasatch relay team needs another member or a sub let me know my team bailed out on me and I would love to run that again. I know I live in salt lake but if you ever need a partner to ride with or run with let me know I would love help you our and have a fun partner to train with too.

Katie said...

HAHA! Love the Nathan comment. Good luck! I'm not strong enough to say goodbye to that love of mine yet. Maybe you will inspire me.

Naomi said...

You ROCK! You can totally do this! I was the same, kept eating crap and kept saying oh I'll wait until after this and that and so on. Finally, just got my act together and set a date to lose 38 lbs. So no judgments here! I'll definately keep tabs on you and hopefully we can both have HOT bodies before summer! Which by the way we'll probably be in Utah the beginning of June for a bit. We'll definately have to get together with you guys.

The Buhrley Bunch said...

Good luck with your goal. You can TOTALLY do this! Just so you know, I'll be critically eyeing you over every Thursday morning at scripture class..... NOT! But I WILL be cheering you on. You go girl!

none said...

Hey Katie... Happy Valentines Day! You go girl... I giving it up as well. I was fine until Christmas... AAHH ;) I am going to call you this week about a couple of the races... I was planning on being there for a couple of them... You should come here and do the mud run with me ;)

Reeses Pieces said...

What a great idea. It's like your own Biggest Loser. I know when you get going you're super motivated so I'm sure it'll drop right off. Best of luck!