Monday, November 10, 2008

FINALLY!!!!




WHITMAN JAMES HARWARD finally made his BIG entrance into the world on Nov. 7th, 1:02 p.m. weighing 6 lbs. 9 oz. and 19.5 in. long. His 10 min. delivery (yes that's right 10 mins.) was the worst, most excruciating pain I have ever been in. I can honestly say that I would never want to expierience natural labor agian. It was not by choice but be accident really. We got there, I was still not in labor and at a 6 like I had been for 2 and half weeks. After being admitted the doctor came by to break my water and asked if I wanted an epidural. I said yes but would wait to see how bad the contractions were. I said I would let the nurse know in 15 mins. or so. He and the nurse left the room and the door had barely shut when the first contraction hit. It was so hard and hurt so bad I screamed for the Nate to get the nurse back to order the epidural. He looked at me like I was Jekyl and Hyde. He laughed like "Are you serious?" He couldn't believe it, I couldn't believe it. Then they kept coming every 20 second or so. I started thrashing around in the bed in pain. The nurse came back in and I yelled "I feel alot of pressure!", she hurried and checked me and said, DON"T PUSH, just then the anethesialogist got there and started to give me the epidural, the doctor was back and rushing to put gloves and stuff on, the nurses were getting the bed ready all the while I was screaming like a crazy person. My legs just started to get numb and I was pushing, next push and he was out.
Like I said, worst pain of my life. Words to live by- if someone asks if you want an epidural, just say Yes, now please. What was I thinking? Nate has now been there for 4 live, vaginal births and this one went so fast he didn't have time to help me count or get the camera out or even breathe either. He said, "That was just like the discovery channel!" I don't know if I would ever do it again but it is ALL WORTH IT!!! We are all healthy and home and I can breathe and sleep (kind of) again! The human body is amazing! It is still so strange for me to look at my perfect little boy and think just days before he was growing inside me, now he's a part our lives forever! Birth is truely an amazing miracle and after all this I will still say I am glad I'm a woman and more important a MOTHER! I feel so blessed and just thank my Heavenly Father everyday for what I have.

17 comments:

Unknown said...

I only have one comment. For people saying its a natural process etc....no it aint! nothin natural about that.

Unknown said...

oops...oh ya, katie you the best!i would've passed out! love ya.

Naomi said...

You guys crack me up. CONGRATULATIONS! So glad everything went at least quickly for you and that Whitman James is finally here and healthy. Yayyyy! Can you email me your home address at info at mammysmercantile dot com. Congrats again to you Katie and your family!

Schmid Family said...

Katie he is adorable. What a handsome little guy. What a delivery. I hear ya on the not planned natural child birth. Only mine the doctor turned off the epidural so I would feel pressure. I felt a lot more than pressure. After 3 hours of pain and pushing I ended up having a c-section. So just be thankful it was for only 10 minutes. I am glad that you and baby are doing well. A cute addition to an already cute family. By the way I love the name.

Ras Fam said...

Congratulations Katie! Yes I do "blogstalk" you. He's so cute, and I love that name.

Harward Happenings said...

We so glad he's finally here and can't wait to meet him as soon as we are all healthy. Please let me know what I can do from a distance so our sickness doesn't infest you guys. (Honestly it's just some sniffles but better safe then sorry.) And thanks for sharing the birth story. I hadn't heard any of that yet. You're awesome and my hero!!!

SugarHouse Mama said...

YEAH!!!! I'm so happy that baby is here! And I love the name. Perfect. Can't wait to meet him!

atec said...

all i can say is i think i might have preferred that to 29 hours plus a c section. congrats he is adorable

the artist's daughter said...

Congratulations! He's beautiful! Wow, you're the woman!! Now you have your own awesome birth story. Lucky! tee hee

Cori said...

congrats!!!! He is so cute! I am proud of you getting through the pain. It must have been rough!
Love you!

Chari said...

Congrats! He is SO cute and I am glad you are both doing well!

Cameron Family said...

Congrats! He is such a cutie and I cannot believe you had to go through that o' natural! No fun at all....but the end result made it worth it I guess!

lacey said...

He's darling.... oh Katie, I felt so bad for you as I read this. My 4th was a harder delivery than expected as well. You'd think by the 4th we'd know better! I love his name and hope you don't bounce up to soon and rush around too too much. I know it's hard with other kids, but still, take care of yourself first.

Katie said...

Boy, that was intense! Probably not a fun surprise to go natural but you can be grateful it didn't last longer! I've been there, by choice but still the same pain! ;) Congratulations!

amy said...

Congrats on the new little one. He's a cutie! Glad you were able to come up with a name. All of us mom's have a whole new respect for you going natural. I know it wasn't by choice, but take the credit :)

Reeses Pieces said...

Nate's comments made me laugh. Holy cow I can't believe you went natural. I'm so proud of you. I can't wait to see him, maybe at Christmas. You're a great Mom and he's lucky to have you.

nielsen said...

I am soo happy for you guys! He is perfect like all babies are... he is adorable. I can't wait to see him in person. I need my baby fix... you know how much I love babies, kids, and now teenagers (weird, I know) :) CONGRATS, and glad everyone is healthy.