Saturday, March 14, 2009

4 Months and Memories



So our little man just had his 4 month check-up. Can you believe it has been 4 months already. Winter babies are so hard I don't think I will repeat it again. We have been cooped up in our house (besides the random trips to get groceries, and trust me, the cuboards aren't what they usually are with the new baby and all) since OCTOBER! It was a considerablly mild winter compared to last year but still, it has been so LONG. Whit is growing like a little weed and getting all chubby. His growth is right on and he now weighs 14.8 lbs. I am weaning him off the reflux medicine since he is now eating RICE CEREAL. I got lucky with babies that like to eat, nursing-formula-cereal, he's been golden so far. He still eats in the night because I'm not strong engouh to let him cry it out but I manage with less sleep than needed. The warmer weather will be a nice change and I can tell he is going to LOVE the outdoors. He likes watching the kids play in the yard while I hold him on my lap. He laughs and giggles at everything Parks says to him and he has definatly "found" his voice. Sometimes I think he has terrets(don't know how to spell:) He just spontaniously yells things out and babbles. I love it! I wish I had a baby pic of Noah to post but sadly we don't have a scanner and all his photos are pre-digital age. WHITMAN is NOAH'S twin. They look so much alike if I didn't know the pictures I wouldn't be able to tell them apart. He has the same exact(larger than normal) ears and that distinguishing widows peak (hair line). Same eyes, same smile same tempermant so far. It brings back so many memories of my life as a young mother. The things I do now compared to how I did it with Noah are funny to see. I used to give Noah a bath every single night so he "smelled like a baby", Whit is lucky if he gets a good wipe down with the baby wipes. Noah wore all new, name brand clothes (back in the day when I could spend a lot on clothes because he was my only one) Now, Whit is wearing a combo of hand-me-downs from Noah, Landon, Bridger, Parks, Zander,Boston, Beckam and Hoyt.(Thanks again to Maleah, Katharine, Val and Stacy for the boy clothes) The thing is that at his age they still look new and boys stuff NEVER goes out of style I swear. He only has one binki instead of Noah's 12. When we loose it, I guess that's a sign he's done with it. I let him go to the daycare at the gym, Yeah I know, judge all you want I'm a crazy mom for taking him around all those germs, WHATEVER! Noah barely got to be held by anyone for more than 2 minutes before I was worried he would catch something. Man how times change. I think as a parents you become less anal and worrisome for your own sanity. You realize that will be ok if they don't get picked up the milisecond they start crying (I actually got out mid-shower with soap in my hair to comfort Noah once). It's ok to leave them with grandma to get some alone time. They won't shrivel up and blow away from lack of nutrition if they don't nurse till they are 5. I am lucky, I know it. I have good, healthy kids that make my world all it is. I have an awesome extended family that helps me be a good parent. Oh the things I have learned from my first to my fourth. Let's just see what I learn with the next four!!! Ha Ha if you believed me when I wrote this you should be shot, I'm way to old for 4 more, maybe just 3!

2 comments:

SugarHouse Mama said...

I CAN'T believe Whit is4 months already! That's just not even possible.

Reeses Pieces said...

So I believed you for a sec...I say 3 more for sure!