Thursday, March 19, 2009

Skirt Madness


Not to be confused with March Madness, I know and care very little about basketball. First off I have to THANK, THANK, THANK my cute friend Lacey and her friend Melissa (who I don't know) for the ispiration and help with this cute project. Lacey had a post about these skirts and her friend Melissa had the instructions on her blog. I have never sewn clothes before (high school sewing class doesn't count in my book). This project was actually not that bad. I used cheaper fabric that was on sale just in case things went terribly wrong and now that I know I can do it I am going to make Addison an Easter outfit. I haven't tried making the shirt part yet but the skirt was so fun and relatively easy. I made it yesterday and Addi wanted to wear it to school today so it must be ok for her. If you want to try making this too let me know. I will send you the link to the instructions and just know--try it, you might SUPRISE yourself:)

7 comments:

Evans Fam said...

totally cute! if i had a sewing machine i'd totally want the instructions....someday!

lacey said...

Katie you did it! Addison looks darling... it looks PERFECT.

Everywhere I go I always meet talented people.

Check out my neighbor (aka Traci) (who is BF with Melissa)- her blog is Amazing Mae on my crafters. Maybe you saw it already? They scheme together.

Maybe I'll whip my machine out after our move this Summer.
Maybe I should just steel the Heather Bailey ones from my SIL? I really like that idea ;)

lacey said...

oops- I meant steAL

yep, I can spell.

SugarHouse Mama said...

I LOVE that skirt! It's SO cute! I totally want the instructions.

Naomi said...

Waaaayyyyy cute skirt! Great job. I bet Addison just loves it especially since her mommy made it for her. Very cute.

Julie said...

very very impressive!!! I SUCK at sewing. I have a sewing maching and I don't eve know how to thread it. Nice right? Is it also nice that I'm a blog stalker? hahaha!

Reeses Pieces said...

It looks so good. I remember seeing these on Lacey's blog. Once again, you can do anything!