Wednesday, March 4, 2009

So SEW What!



I swore off sewing after Christmas because I was so burned out. I made a Book Of Morman Quilt for my parents that took 4 months to finish and I swore I was taking a break but I can't stay away too long:)I have been having so much fun sewing lately. I have been going over to my mother-in-laws house once a week to sew. She is teaching a few women in her ward to quilt and I just tag along and make all the same projects they do. Here is what I did in February. LOVE IT!!!


This is a cute Valentine table topper we made. It is just like the bulls eye quilt but with hearts. It's really scrappy and easy to make.


This is a quilt I made for my friend for her birthday. It's called a BULLS-EYE quilt. It was so fun to make and EASY. I made it mostly with all the leftover scraps my mother-in-law and I had from other quilts. It turns out so cute when you wash it because the circles ravel.


This is a quilt I made for Addison's Bedroom. It is so retro and 70's but I love the way it turned out. It has so many colors in it that I can decorate around it and always have a ton of choices.

8 comments:

the artist's daughter said...

you make me want to start sewing again. What amazingly cute projects. You have such a great eye for picking out colors and patterns. In fall of 2010 I am totally going to start sewing again! You inspire me, always have.

Kat said...

DANG girl, you're amazing. I love the quilt for Addison room.

The Buhrley Bunch said...

You are so stinkin' talented! I love what you accomplished. I had no idea you sewed TOO (do you really do EVERYthing?). Way to go Katie :)

SugarHouse Mama said...

4 Months, Nothing. I still haven't finished my BOM quilt...it's been something like 4 years! YIKES! It's my number 1 reason for buying ALL required fabric at once.

And I LOVE the flower quilt...I might need to make that......

lacey said...

I didn't even know you had this hidden talent in college! So impressive.

You do have an eye for colors... and a huge bunch of patience too.

natalie said...

Katie those are great! We have a quilt store here that's in Better Homes all of the time that has primarily vintage and retro fabric. I love the girly quilt. I should really jump on your bandwagon and do this. But not today, maybe tomorrow. I'm too busy blogging and not cleaning and being a mom.

Naomi said...

Your bulls-eye quilt ROCKS! I love it. When are you going to mail it to me?! LOL.

Reeses Pieces said...

You are "sew" talented. Everything you touch seems to turn out beautiful. I love how motivated you are with life. How you give everything a try!