Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Happy Birthday Dad!!!






We celebrated my dad's birthday yesterday. It was fun getting together with the FAM. We had dinner at Val and Jason's house and then did gifts and the cake and icecream. Val had the coolest cake made for my dad. I don't know if you can tell by the pics but it is the Snake River with a little raft and two men floating in the river. It was such a cute idea. The kids had fun eating the frosting rocks and trees. I just want to give a little love out to my Dad. He is so special to me and my family and I hope he knows how much we truely love and admire him. He is always there for us, helping shovel our snow, playing with grandkids, suprising them with treats, bribing them with money or milkshakes, reading to them, listening to them play their violins (even when I know it doesn't sound quite like music yet) helping me around my house and yard, the list could go on and on. He really cares about people around him and is always making you feel like part of the family. I have so many friends who are always telling me what a cool dad I have and how lucky I am to have such a great family. Well I know we aren't perfect but I like to think we are trying and that my dad is working on being perfect for us--A GREAT Father and an AWESOME Grandpa. We love you Dad and hope you have a Wonderful birthday!!!

6 comments:

The Buhrley Bunch said...

Ok, I LOVE that cake. What the hay? It's awesome. Your dad sounds awesome, too. I'm glad you have someone so special in your lives. Family is everything :)

The Crazy Clawson's said...

yes it was a fun night...

Cathy said...

Your dad IS the best! He is such a great Grandpa and I know that he does do a lot for you! Plus, he always makes everyone feel great! Looks like you had fun! Tell him we said Happy Birthday!

Cori said...

tell Bill happy bday and tell Brad he looks good with a baby in his arms!

natalie said...

That cake is perfect! You know, sometimes I forget that your dad played such a major role in my life. He conducted our wedding ceremony and I will always be grateful to him for that. I know Matt thinks your dad is the coolest. I couldn't agree more when you say that he makes everyone feel like family. I haven't seen Brad forever. He looks so much like Bill.

brittanimae said...

That cake is AMAZINGNESS. Wow. I showed Aaron and we totally want to run the Snake now. We miss you all!